Author Topic: Cinnamon Hills  (Read 8273 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cinnamon Hills
« on: July 26, 2007, 10:37:13 PM »
Anyone heard of this facility?  It's in St. George, Utah across from Red Rock, is nothing like Red Rock, supposedly a real lock down facility.  Trying to find out more.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Cinnamon Hills
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 11:51:29 PM »
From their website:

Licensing and Accreditation
Cinnamon Hills is accredited bythe Utah Department of Human Services, the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) and the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges.

The Utah DHS doesn't "accredit" programs. They "license" programs that meet their requirements. (Not saying much, btw.)
And, I can't find this program listed as being licensed.
http://www.hslic.utah.gov/db_search.asp
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
From heal-online
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 12:26:18 AM »
Heal-online has some info about this place:

Heal-online link

Does not look good. Please inform me if we can find some info about the exact address. I can not locate in on satellite photos.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cinnamon Hills
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 03:32:34 PM »
cinnamon ring?

Offline Mummie

• View Profile
Cinnamon Hills
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 03:55:30 PM »
Utah's RR is accredited through Natsap?  I'll have to look that up, don't know about CH.

Thanks.  By the way, not looking to place anyone, my son said it was not a really great place.  Will get more info.

Thanks for the link.
quot;You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.\"  -Eric Hoffer- (1902-83)

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Re: From heal-online
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 04:10:05 PM »
Quote from: ""Covergaard""
Heal-online has some info about this place:

Heal-online link

Does not look good. Please inform me if we can find some info about the exact address. I can not locate in on satellite photos.

Thanks for the link, This place is horrible...
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Cinnamon Hills
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 06:32:16 PM »
Quote from: ""Mummie""
Utah's RR is accredited through Natsap?  I'll have to look that up, don't know about CH.
Thanks.  By the way, not looking to place anyone, my son said it was not a really great place.  Will get more info.
Thanks for the link.

A point of clarification, Mummie.
NATSAP is not an accrediting agency. They are an "Industry Association". A club of, by, and for program owners. They lobby for laws that benefit their members. Yeh, they have a Code of Ethics, but they don't inspect and sanction programs that aren't in compliance with their code.
NATSAP supports self-regulation. Search NATSAP- lots of info here.

I wonder how many parents believe, or make the same mistake you did, in thinking NATSAP is an independent accrediting agency.
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Cinnamon Hills
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 11:29:49 PM »
Looky here.  Cinnamon Hills is an Aspen program !! Surprise, surprise.

To: The LA Board of Supervisors
Director of Mental Health
5 June 2003

It is recommended that your board:
1) Delegate authority to the Director of Mental Health or his designee to prepare, sign, and execute two new Out-of-State Child Placement Mental health services Agreements with Aspen Solutions Inc dba Aspen Ranch and Cinnamon Hills Youth Crisis Center, Inc. for Fiscal Years 2002-2003, 2003-2004, and 2004-2005. Contractors will provide specialized mental health treatment to Severely Emotionally Disturbed (SED) children, adolescents, and their families. There is no Maximum Contract Amount for these Agreements as services are provided and reimbursed on an as needed basis. The FY 2002-2003 budgeted allocation for Out-of-State Contract Providers is $6.2 million. This includes funding for these Agreements. The term of the Agreements will be effective upon Board approval with two automatic one-year renewal periods......
For mental health services provided to clients of DMH, Aspen Solutions, Inc dba Aspen Ranch negotiated a daily rate of $80 and Cinnamon Hills negotiated a daily rate of $45.00.....
In accordance with a Special Education Due Process Agreement, DMH agreed to fund Aspen Solutions, Inc dba Aspen Ranch and Cinnamon Hills as both are licensed as a non-profit treatment center, and the State of California Department of Education has certified the school components as Non-Public School educational providers.....
DMH staff met with representatives of these agencies to determine the appropriate rate for the mental health servies components of these programs. Rates are well below comparable California rates for similar services. The agencies meet California requirements for a not-for-profit organizational structure, meet Medicaid certification standards in their respective states and have educational programs certified and approved by the California Dept of Education......

Marvin J. Southard, DSW
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 10:18:36 AM by Guest »

Offline Mummie

• View Profile
Cinnamon Hills
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2007, 09:59:48 AM »
Thanks Deb.

Lots of parents make that mistake with NATSAP.  I did from the getgo.  That was the only thing I knew about them, so I posted it.  Psy gave me the headsup a couple of weeks ago on the different agencies and where to look to see exactly who they are, and the others.

The thing parents get confused about, I think, is the fact that they say they are accredited, therefore you think they are also governed/regulated, or certified in some way, which is not the case.
quot;You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.\"  -Eric Hoffer- (1902-83)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cinnamon Hills
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2007, 02:13:46 PM »
Mummier, you were posting on the PURE/CAICA site under the topic "Exit Plan."  Have you removed you son from the program you have him enrollled in yet? Didn't you have him in several placements? Is your son safely home now?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cinnamon Hills
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2007, 04:48:19 PM »
Quote from: ""Deborah""
Looky here.  Cinnamon Hills is an Aspen program !! Surprise, surprise.

To: The LA Board of Supervisors
5 June 2003

It is recommended that your board:
1) Delegate authority to the Director of Mental Health or his designee to prepare, sign, and execute two new Out-of-State Child Placement Mental health services Agreements with Aspen Solutions Inc dba Aspen Ranch and Cinnamon Hills Youth Crisis Center, Inc. for Fiscal Years ...

Cinnamon Hills is NOT an Aspen program.  It is unfortunate you concluded that the quoted memo implied that it is or was.  It might have been clearer if it was written "Agreements with Aspen ... Ranch and with Cinnamon ...".  Regardless what you think (good or bad) of Aspen, my best understanding of Cinnamon Hills is that it is harsher on the kids there than anything Aspen has on a bad day.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cinnamon Hills
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2007, 07:29:16 PM »
Spin all you want.  It's right there for everyone to see.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cinnamon Hills
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2007, 08:40:09 PM »
We are in Utah with him right now, that's how I found out about Cin.Hills, it's right across the street.

He's been in a couple of schools.   If you are looking to slam me because I have just forget it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cinnamon Hills
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2007, 09:11:15 PM »
well Mummie, unless you were posting as "guest", I wasn't speaking to you now was I?

Offline Mummie

• View Profile
Cinnamon Hills
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2007, 11:35:38 PM »
Guess not.  People like to bash here by first asking questions, and when all are not answered then it turns into a blood bath.  Don't want to be drug into that, or part of it.

Have a great evening. :lol: