Author Topic: New Admissions Director @ Sunrise RTC  (Read 1539 times)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
New Admissions Director @ Sunrise RTC
« on: November 22, 2008, 11:26:45 AM »
The Sunrise RTC website also looks like it has been spiffed up since I last checked it out.

By the way, InnerChange is the new name for Solacium Holdings LLC. See THIS POST for more info about that change.

-------------- • -------------- • --------------

InnerChange
Addison, TX

Innerchange Announces Mylar New Admissions Director For Sunrise

Ashley Auchterlonie
Director of Marketing
214-272-6880
http://www.InnerChange.com

November 21, 2008

InnerChange is excited to announce that Mollie Mylar has joined our team as Director of Admissions for Sunrise. Mollie comes to us with a wealth of experience having spent the past 10 years working in admissions. "Mollie is a perfect fit for our team", commented Dave Prior, Executive Director of Sunrise. "Her extensive experience, outgoing personality, and most importantly her passion for helping families in need will contribute greatly to our team. We are thrilled to have her on board!"

Mollie comes to InnerChange with over 13 years of behavioral healthcare experience. She began her career working with abused children at Children's Residential Treatment Center. She then went on to become a House Supervisor and later Admissions Director for The Oakley School. Mollie continued her admissions work at Second Nature Wilderness Program and most recently as Admissions Director at Willow Creek Residential Treatment Center. Mollie is a seasoned professional who demonstrates the highest level of integrity and is well known in the industry for her compassion and dedication to the students and families with whom she works.

"We're excited that Mollie has chosen to join our team," adds David Michel, President and CEO of InnerChange. "Her talent and integrity represent the qualities we look for at every level. Mollie will feel very much at home at Sunrise and within our family of programs."

Located in Hurricane, Utah, Sunrise is a licensed residential treatment center and boarding school for adolescent girls whose emotional or behavioral issues are interfering with their ability to succeed in school, at home or in a mainstream setting. Sunrise offers customized programming that is designed to help girls excel academically and heal emotionally. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.SunriseRtc.com .

InnerChange provides educational, treatment, and recovery programs for adolescents and young adults experiencing emotional or behavioral difficulties. Each of our wilderness therapy, residential treatment, and transitional living programs is clinically sophisticated and designed to facilitate whole-family healing. We are committed to restoring hope in the lives of those we serve. InnerChange programs include New Haven, Sunrise, Fulshear Ranch Academy and Alldredge Wilderness Journey. To learn more about InnerChange, please visit our website at http://www.InnerChange.com.

Copyright © 2007, Woodbury Reports, Inc.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New Admissions Director @ Sunrise RTC
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 04:59:08 PM »
OK this is pissing me off.

I'm gonna start a program for staffers. It will focus on a treatment designed to get them working anywhere but a program.

Day 1: Cattle prod day.. Every time the staffer utters a programmie word or phrase or I even think they thought a programmie thought they get a shock in the ass with a cattle prod.

Day 2: Social overhaul day... They will call up all of their staffer friends and explain to them that if contact is no longer permitted as they have been put on "Bans" with their staffer friends.

They then all be lined up after phone calls and shocked with cattle prods for using the word bans.

Day 3: One of ten will be randomly selected and shocked with cattle prods for my entertainment.

Day 4: Fried spam for lunch day.. I'm a cheapskate at times.. why spend money on good food for staffers?
- Also someone gets the cattle prod dance in the lunch line.

Day 5: Job application day.. They are taken out into public and forced to fill out applications for McDonalds. During the interviews I will stand close by ensuring they do not utter programmie phrases.

mainly I just want to zap a few of them before they graduate.

Day 6: Graduation day.. every one gets shocked.. I have to get rid of them quickly as they need to go to work at McAss.

Day 1: Repeat cycle..

Come on people.. jesus h christ.. there is a whole wide world out there full of awesome kick ass jobs and places to see.

STOP being a programmie zombie damn it!

::unhappy::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 08:27:14 PM »
Wonder what happened to the former Admissions Director, Boyd Hooper?

Perhaps he was "busy" along with his pal, Sue Scheff - and co-defendant in the Focal Point law suit, maybe?

Lon Woodbury wrote one of his visiting reports on this facility, while Hooper was the Admissions Director:

http://www.strugglingteens.com/artman/p ... 5932.shtml

Visit Reports  

Posted: Mar 29, 2004
11:28  

Sunrise Academy

(Sunrise Girls Home)
Hurricane, Utah
Boyd Hooper - Admissions
801-380-3525
www.sunriseacademyrtc.com

[This Visit Report is an out dated article. The admissions director of Sunrise Academy is Dawn Reyos, 435-635-1185, posted February 21, 2006]

Visit by Kristie Henley, October 21, 2003
kristie@woodbury.com

Sunrise Academy, a therapeutic treatment center for girls ages 12-17, is located seven miles off Interstate 15 in the small community of Hurricane, Utah. The building looks quite new, although I was told, parts of it had been renovated to match the new additions. We arrived mid-morning and were greeted at the door by the receptionist, who sits just inside the main entrance. Brian Pace, the program director, arrived promptly and began our tour through the school.

The administrative offices and therapy rooms are located  
in the front section of the school. At Sunrise Academy, Masters level therapists offer individual, intensive group, family, recreational and psycho-educational therapies. Each girl is assessed upon arrival and a treatment plan is implemented. All staff members communicate about the status of each student to ensure her treatment plan is carried out.

Although there are no bars on the windows, Sunrise Academy does have an alarm system with locked doors and restricted access to the "living area". Staff members carry a small passkey to open doors between the office and living areas, as well as in certain rooms inside the living area.

After a brief tour through the administrative area, Brian took us through the family group room, down a hall and into the newly built kitchen. At the time of our visit, it was still undergoing slight renovations. Despite the construction, it felt open and airy, yet cozy at the same time. There were windows in the dining area and although the lights were off, there was plenty of light in the room.

We then moved up a small, carpeted staircase to the dorm area of the Academy. The doors to the dorm rooms were all open, and the dorms themselves were very neat and clean. Each of the bunk beds were made with clothing neatly hung in closets, or folded in baskets under the beds; nothing seemed out of place. In every bed, there was a stuffed animal or two, giving a feeling of childhood. The older rooms hold 6-8 girls while the newer rooms hold 3-4. Each girl has a locker for her personal items, which are accessed with assistance from staff members. Near the center of the rooms was a large community bathroom with showers. The bathroom was very clean, and gave a feeling of a spa rather than a treatment center.

Two classrooms are down the hall from the dorm rooms, and are joined by a door. The certified teachers share an office with windows on both sides that look into each room. Each class has mentors as well, and classes currently average up to 16 girls, which divides the school in half. The girls work independently with assistance from the teachers and mentors, allowing them to catch up on lost credits, or excel ahead at their own pace. Sunrise Academy is accredited by the Utah State Board of Education and the curriculum is fully accredited through the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges. All credits are transferable.

As we took another stairway back downstairs, we came out in a large group room where the girls were participating in a group therapy session. The girls politely listened to each other and several smiled at us as we walked through.

We then went outside to the back yard. The yard was carpeted in a plush green grass with a basketball court close to the house. A crude shelter stands at the end of the property and houses two horses and some sheep. Brian explained how the girls rotated responsibility in caring for the animals, as well as the rest of the house chores. Girls who earn privileges get an opportunity to work with and ride the horses. They also go off campus to a nearby field for physical activities like softball, and can earn the freedom to work part-time at local restaurants and convenience stores.

Sunrise utilizes a five-level privilege system with zero being the lowest level and four being the highest. Most girls begin the program with basic privileges on level one. As they progress forward, some become defiant and drop back down to zero with no privileges. When the girls realize they need the structure of this program to make positive changes in their lives, they move to level two. Level three begins when a girl actively participates in instituting those changes in her life, and a level four girl becomes a peer mentor for the other girls in the program. The girls stay an average of six to nine months, and some attend after completing wilderness programs.

Two of the girls we met at Sunrise Academy had come into the program because they were drug users, defiant, manipulative and sexually promiscuous; yet, both had reached level four on the day of our visit. Each maintained excellent eye contact; they were excited and full of life, with clear eyes and child like smiles. The first girl openly attributed her success to Sunrise Academy. She mentioned most girls are resistant at first, but eventually they accept why they are there and begin working on self-improvement. The girls looked good and nothing during our visit felt chaotic.

The philosophy and overall feeling at Sunrise Academy, reminded me of when I attended Mission Mountain School 10-years-ago. It was small and personalized, but larger than a family style program. I feel Sunrise Academy is appropriate for the girl who is manipulative, failing in school, experiencing family conflict, experimenting with drugs or alcohol, and/or is sexually promiscuous, with low self-esteem.
To comment on this article
CLICK HERE  
More Visit Reports

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © 2007, Woodbury Reports, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
(This article may not be reproduced without written approval of the publisher.)

Home About Us Parent Support Store Contact Us Advertise FAQ

Woodbury Reports, Inc. | 7119 2nd St | PO Box 1107 | Bonners Ferry, ID 83805 | 208-267-5550

Copyright © 1995-2008 by Woodbury Reports Inc. All rights reserved.    Privacy Policy

::puke::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 02:28:53 AM »
The philosophy and overall feeling at Sunrise Academy, reminded me of when I attended Mission Mountain School 10-years-ago.

Did Kristie Henley go to Mission Mountain School in 1993?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Kristie Henley @ Mission Mountain School
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 10:17:13 AM »
Quote from: "guest"
Quote from: "Kristie Henley, in a Visit Report for Woodbury Reports,"
The philosophy and overall feeling at Sunrise Academy, reminded me of when I attended Mission Mountain School 10-years-ago.
Did Kristie Henley go to Mission Mountain School in 1993?
I do believe so. I've heard that elsewhere as well. Not sure about the year, however...

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Visit Reports - Sunrise RTC
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 10:25:25 AM »
Here's another Visit Report, from earlier this year:

Visit Reports - Sunrise RTC
Posted: Jul 27, 2010 06:45

Hurricane, Utah
Mollie Mylar
Director of Admissions
866-661-9502
http://www.sunrisertc.com

Visited by Lon Woodbury on April 19, 2010

Sunrise RTC is a program for girls ages 13-17. Sunrise was founded about six years ago and has earned a good reputation for working with hard to work with girls.

We were warmly welcomed by several staff including Executive Director Dave Prior, Clinical Director Jack Hinman and Recreation Therapist Cory Hickman. They currently have 31 girls, almost at their maximum of 32. The average stay is 7 to 9 months, with a general description of their typical student being those emotionally deregulated.

They have had success with Borderline students, those with serious relationship/attachment problems and Aspergers. At the heart of their therapy is Dialectical-Behavioral Therapy (DBT) which has become quite popular in recent years for its success with difficult students with Borderline and Attachment diagnoses. Jack Hinman promised me an essay or two for my newsletter describing some of the history of the development of DBT, and more fascinating, the Zen Buddhist influences onto it.

As they explained, academics are integrated in with the therapeutic plans for individual students. Therapeutically, each student has a chance to practice her therapeutic insights in another type of activity (the classroom), while the staff can monitor how well she is progressing therapeutically by seeing how she handles the classroom. Classes are no more than eight students (usually less) and each student is working at her own level of achievements in that subject. The teachers have learned how to balance teaching a class as a group while maintaining each student at her own level of achievement. Each girl's curriculum is based on that of her home state so a transition to her school back home is smooth. Sunrise thus balances an individualized approach with a normal classroom experience. They are accredited by the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges as well as by the Utah State Board of Education.

Family work is emphasized, with parents invited to visit frequently, along with quarterly parent weekends. With the observation that the student will not work any harder than the parents at change, parents are given readings and a parallel program of their own to facilitate repairing family ruptures.

The decor in the main building is pleasant, and upstairs where the girls' bedrooms are, are displayed art works by students produced in an art class. Some of the quality of the work was impressive. The girls I met were friendly, open to talking about themselves and the program, and seemed relaxed with a sense of safety. They met us with good eye contact, firm handshakes and a smile. The rooms were neat and comfortable.

Our tour guides were cute, in that they obviously were enjoying a break from the routine as well as feeling a sense of responsibility by being selected as tour guides. It also was obvious from their manner and what they told us, that they had come a long ways from the negative self that had moved into Sunrise, but still had a ways to go. I sensed that these girls were some of the hard to work with ones, and despite obvious progress, they still needed to do a lot of work, though probably in some step-down or transition program.

They call themselves a community based program, based on how much interaction the girls have in the surrounding community. Volunteering is encouraged, and a few have jobs. All this is monitored by staff and the design is to help the girls get out of a focus on themselves and heal, by learning to focus on others. They have a chance to attend local sports events and other activities that give them a chance to interact in the community. When a student has earned level four or five, they are allowed to go into town on errands by themselves so long as they let staff know where they are, and of course don't abuse the privilege.

Copyright ©2010, Woodbury Reports, Inc.